Friday, January 25, 2008

Freak accident

I'm sure a few of you have been wondering where I've been. Last Saturday night driving home from the club, a deer ran out in front of my car. Fortunately, I didn't hit the deer, but did hit a tree when I swerved to miss him. I wasn't seriously hurt, but my car was totaled and I have a few cuts and bruises, mainly where the seatbelt locked up and the air bag deployed. I also got a few stitches on my left shoulder.

Mr. Smith was at home as much as he could be, but other friends have been dropping by to keep me company and help me out around here. Today is the first day I can move without a lot of pain, but I'm still very sore. I won't type long, but I wanted to let my faithful readers know that I haven't dropped off the planet. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back to normal.

2 comments:

helpmate hubby said...

Sorry to hear about your wreck but very glad to hear you are doing better!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Smith,

I have fun into deers myself in the number of years I have been driving and know how dangerous it can be I'm glad nothing worse happened to you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.